Ingredients: 15 (count)
- 45g (1/3 cup) slivered almonds, finely chopped
- 5 dried figs, stalks discarded, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons baby capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 4 x 200g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 16 large cherry truss tomatoes, (see note) cut into 4 clusters
- 400g green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon verjuice (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, torn
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) good-quality chicken stock
- To make stuffing, combine almonds, figs, capers, rosemary and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a chicken fillet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound until 1cm thick. Repeat with remaining fillets. Place fillets, smooth-side down, on a work surface, season, then drizzle with extra oil. Divide stuffing among fillets, then, using your hands, press evenly over fillet. Starting at one short end, roll up each fillet to enclose stuffing. Wrap in plastic wrap, twisting ends to form a compact log. Makes 4 rolls. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Unwrap rolls and secure with a toothpick. Using sharp scissors, trim toothpicks. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over medium–high heat. Add chicken rolls and cook, turning frequently, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer pan to top shelf of oven. Cook, turning halfway, for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Ten minutes before chicken is cooked, place tomatoes on an oven tray, drizzle with extra oil, then season. Roast on bottom shelf of oven for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Remove tomatoes and chicken from oven. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Reserve pan.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain, refresh in iced water, then drain again.
- Whisk verjuice, mustard, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a large bowl. Season. Add beans, onion and parsley, and toss to coat.
- To make jus, return reserved pan to high heat. Add wine and, using a wooden spoon, scrape bits from bottom of pan. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Season.
- Divide bean mixture and roasted tomatoes among plates. Remove toothpicks, then slice chicken. Drizzle with jus to serve.
- Allow an extra 3 hours to chill chicken rolls.
- Large cherry truss tomatoes are sold at selected supermarkets and greengrocers under the Blush brand.
- Verjuice, from supermarkets and delis, is the juice of unripe grapes. Substitute 2 tsp lemon juice.