Ingredients: 8 (count)
- 3 small beets, peeled and washed
- 1-1/4 cups natural walnuts
- 1 Tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grate the beets and grind the walnuts. I first grated my beets in the food processor with the grater attachment, removed the grated beets, processed my walnuts in the food processor equipped with the blade attachment, and then placed my grated beets back into the processor with the walnuts.
- Process the grated beets and walnuts together until they come together. It should sort of look like a not-so-smooth hummus.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process again. Taste and adjust the seasonings according to your preferences.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. I lined the inside of a small cup with plastic wrap, pressed the pate in, covered it and refrigerated for several hours. When it came time to serve, I uncovered it and turned it out onto my serving dish.