Ingredients: 14 (count)
- 3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 boneless lamb leg, trimmed and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 carrots, cut into coins
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In the bottom of a flameproof tagine, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add spice blend, lamb and garlic, stirring to coat lamb with vegetables and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 7 minutes or until lamb is browned on all sides.
- Add tomatoes with juice, carrots, zucchini and apricots and bring liquids to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover with tagine lid, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Stir in chickpeas and honey, replace lid and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until lamb is tender.