Thermal nature: very cooling.
- Lubricates the intestines and lungs,
- Treats constipation and ulcers,
- Strengthens the yin and benefits conditions of thirst and dryness,
- Detoxify the body.
Conditions: dry lung conditions and dry cough, diarrhea, math, and hemorrhoids.
In addition, their cold nature and high sugar content are useful in the treatment of drug addiction (especially alcoholism) marked by heat sign and sugar cravings during withdrawal.
Rich in potassium, bananas are used universally for hypertension. Because they can reduce blood pressure, are easy to digest and also moisten dryness, bananas are a good food for many elderly people (blood pressure, dryness, and digestive weakness tend to increase with age).
- For dry lung conditions and dry cough, eat bananas that
have been sliced and cooked into a thick soup.
- Before their completely ripe stage, bananas have an astringent property: use partially ripened steamed bananas for diarrhea, math, and hemorrhoids. For hemorrhoids, steam the whole banana until very soft and eat one organic banana with skin twice a day on an empty stomach.
Bananas are commonly given to children and infants although they should be used cautiously with children who are cold, inactive, or frail.